I bought a third Wii remote controller the other day and had no idea how to connect it to my Wii – the console was a few years old and I could not recall what we had to do when we first bought it.
I thought I’d better write a guide to remind myself for next time, as well as inform others that may come across the same issue.
Anyway, as you will see, it is a fairly easy and quick process:
* Turn on your Wii and wait for it to get to the main menu
* Take off the battery cover off the new controller (but leave the batteries in).
(look at the pic at the bottom of this post for the following two steps)
* Press the sync button on the new controller. All the blue leds will light up and start blinking.
* Press the sync button under the SD card slot on the Wii console.
* After approx 5-10 seconds all but one of the blue LEDs will go out
* Play Wii!
That’s it. IF it doesn’t work, ensure that you are using new batteries and if it still doesn’t work, Turn your Wii off/on and start over.