By default, Windows 8 requires you to log in each time you start your computer, preferably using your hotmail address so it can personalize your experience.
But it is a pain if you are a home or single user.
You would want for it to log in automatically each time you start the computer.
Here’s how to do it:
* Start your computer up as per normal
* Open a ‘run’ box (or hit “Windows key+R”) and type “netplwiz” without quotes.
You should see something like this:
* The User accounts window will come up as shown below. Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”
* On the next window that comes up enter your username and password.
* Click on OK and then restart your computer.
This next time your computer restarts it should not prompt you for a password. Voila!